Salary: Up to £28,000 per Annum (DOE)
Shift hours: Full Time
Area Support Chef Manager
Midlands Region covering predominately West Midlands but will cover the Midlands and Wales.
Up to £28,000 per Annum (DOE) + Car Allowance
As an Area Support Manager, you will be supporting the Area Manager, Unit Managers and teams onsite by getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities, you will be drawn to satisfaction from managing and training your team. The Area Support Manager will support their team in providing a professional service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met.
- To provide management support for catering operations including running of site cater services when required inc. cooking of meals
- To support the operations team in ensuring that catering outlets consistently adhere to the company policies and procedures relating to the use of nominated suppliers, and carry out discussions and negotiations with suppliers, as requested
- Carry out checks and audits in the areas of food standards and controls identified sites and report findings to the Head of Operations and appropriate Area Manager.
- Support Catering Managers in all areas of their management of the catering establishment to ensure that the operational standards are maintained and developed
- To ensure all aspects of the Catering Managers functions are carried out whilst covering absences
- Assist the Area Manager in preparing and presenting annual client budgets to the agreed company standard
- Ensure all Team Members under your control, either on a permanent or temporary basis have received full induction and job training that has also been recorded.
- Experience as a Catering / Chef Manager
- Strong Culinary background
- Proven ability to effectively build relationships and influence internally at a senior level
- Led the implementation of change programmes to deliver operational benefits
- Ability to drive and retain business
- Experience of working within brand guidelines to deliver results
- Experience in highly commercial and price sensitive markets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable success as a credible and confident influencer
- The ability to quickly build a trusted relationship with cross-functional customers
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Teams
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Able to quickly build credibility with key stakeholders
As part of Compass you’ll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK’s biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/1101/40770001/52539895/SU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.