Salary: £9.84 per hour
Shift hours: Part Time
We’re recruiting an experienced Catering Manager who is passionate about exceptional food and world-class customer service, and who can confidently oversee all Compass Group UK&I catering and service operations for Chartwells on a part time basis, contracted to 22.5 hours per week.
As a Catering Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our kitchens and service counters run smoothly and helping to deliver truly incredible food experiences. In return, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your catering career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you shine as Chartwells’s next Catering Manager? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious food to the highest standards
- Supervising our culinary and catering teams to ensure we continue to deliver impeccable food and customer service
- Overseeing the efficiency of all in-unit catering operations, including managing inventories, monitoring budgets, and implementing action plans
- Communicating regularly with your line manager to monitor KPIs and targets
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Identifying opportunities for new food or service concepts to drive sales
- Liaising between customers and our culinary and service teams to ensure we continue to exceed expectations
- Supporting and training our teams, leading from the front to make sure everyone can excel in their role
- Implementing and reviewing Health & Safety standards to ensure compliance across all catering and service teams.
Our ideal Catering Manager will:
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Have a minimum of two years of catering experience
- Have experience managing teams in a similar role
- Hold an NVQ Level 1 & 2 or City & Guilds 706/1 and 2
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Demonstrate brilliant financial acumen
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be an ambitious and motivated individual who is always looking to upskill
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK. Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a Children’s Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/2401/99167001/52415105/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.