Salary: £11.15 per hour
Shift hours: Full Time
Merchiston, Edinburgh is a boys only independent boarding school, for children aged between 7 and 18 years. It is situated on the edge of Colinton, a picturesque riverside village, 4 miles south west of Edinburgh’s city centre in the shadow of the Pentland Hills. Merchiston is set in 100 acres of beautiful grounds, parking is available on site.
We provide the catering services with circa 550 pupils and staff, our main offers are the provision of breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also cater for various events and sporting fixtures throughout the school year. During the Easter and Summer holidays we host external residential and day lets.
We are seeking a chef de partie to join their current team you will be joining a team that is passionate about food, delivering the highest quality and a pride in the service provide, working closely with the Front of House team to ensure smooth customer service.
Spice up your next career move!
We’re currently recruiting an ambitious Chef de Partie to help us create exceptional food experiences for Chartwells on a full time basis contracted to 40 hours per week. As a Chef de Partie, you will be responsible for preparing and serving the kind of food that truly brightens our clients’ and customers’ days, all within the market-leading food service company in the UK. You’ll get given every opportunity to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your passion and culinary skill to Chartwells? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Overseeing and implementing menu changes
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food services
- Listening and acting on customer feedback to consistently improve our food services
- Supporting with the creation of new menus and creative food concepts
- Representing Chartwells and maintaining a positive brand image
- Monitoring inventories to keep our kitchens well-stocked
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Complying with Food Handling, Hygiene and Health and Satefty regulations
Our ideal Chef will:
- Be passionate about great-tasting food and exceptional customer service
- Hold a City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent
- Have experience in a similar Chef role
- Hold a Food Hygiene certificate
- Have a flexible approach to working
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK.
Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a ChildrenÕs Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/2009/94859001/52498072/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.