Are you a positive, caring and compassionate role model looking for an exciting, new career opportunity providing invaluable support to children and young people?
We are Cambian Group, the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. You will find that you are part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone.
About the role:
The working day can be very unpredictable and you could find yourself doing a variation of duties such as organising activities to attending parental appointments. We are looking for people who are flexible, reliable, adaptable able to read situations to help our young people make positive choices.
We work on a rota basis (average 169 hours a month full time) plus sleep ins depending on the size of the home.
- You’ll be meeting the needs of the Children and Young People in line with OFSTED regulations
- Helping to organise and facilitate a number of social activities with our young people, such as days out, work in the community and even the occasional holiday!
- You’ll help us in the day to day running of the home with things like laundry, general housekeeping, shopping, meal prep and lots of fun things like baking!
- You’ll attend and participating in team meetings sharing ideas and best practice
- You’ll work closely with our clinical team and the local authorities.
We’re looking for people who have life skills, having experience with children or health and social care would benefit but this NOT essential for us at Cambian as full training and support will be provided
Ideally you’ll have a full UK driving licence due to the location and nature of the work or be working towards one.
What we can offer:
- A salary of £22,105.20- £23,362.56 per year, depending on qualifications
- £30 Sleep in rate (2-3 sleep ins per week)
- Overtime paid at an enhanced rate
- 248 hours annual leave per year
- Career enhancing qualifications and clear progression
- Full enhanced children’s and adults DBS paid for by Cambian Group
- 10-day paid intensive induction training course, face to face and online learning to support your development starting immediately
- 3-5 paid shadowing shifts working with an experienced Support Worker or Team Leader
- Guaranteed opportunity to be enrolled onto an NVQ Children and Young people’s workforce which is a national recognised qualification within the industry and profession of children’s residential services. This is worth over £6k and fully funded by Cambian Group to support you in progressing your career.
- Free onsite parking and meals provided during your shift
- Company events / Fundraising / social activities
- Long service annual leave
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continued support and opportunity for development from your leadership team
Requirements for an Enhanced DBS and reference checking will be undertaken in line with government regulations and safer recruitment best practice. Whilst we endeavour to keep the recruitment process as short as possible due to the nature of these important checks it may extend the processing time. All young people are equally entitled to have their needs met in a fair and balanced way. Cambian Group employees are responsible for promoting equal opportunities for all and for challenging any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any young person or colleague on the grounds of race, religion, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other perceived difference.
We will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. This check will be part of a safeguarding check, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination a person who will not on the appointment panel will conduct the search and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.
Location: Nottingham, NG7 6JL