Salary: £14,830.91 – £16,149.48, 36 weeks of the year (term time only)
Wychavon District Council operates a range of parking services on behalf of Bromsgrove District Council.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That’s why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and generous discounts.
We are looking for a conscientious and approachable individual, with experience of dealing with the public to join our Parking Services Team. You’ll be employed by Wychavon District Council but will be working in the Bromsgrove area, undertaking Civil Parking Enforcement on behalf of the local authority. There will be a requirement to take on other duties as required and provide support to the surrounding areas.
- Civil Enforcement Officer
- £14,830.91 – £16,149.48 per annum – 30 hours per week term time only (36 weeks)
- Welcome Payment of 10% of actual salary
- Bromsgrove district based
This is a varied role, which involves issuing penalty charge notices to vehicles parked in contravention of the Traffic Regulation Orders for on-street locations in Bromsgrove and also in the Bromsgrove District Council off-street car parks. Work is completed mainly on foot and will involve moving between sites.
It will depend on where you are working, but on a daily basis, duties will involve patrolling off-street car parks, on-street locations and helping with and ticket machine checks in Bromsgrove. Patrolling the parking regulations around schools will be a priority. You may also assist customers using the shop mobility facilities in Bromsgrove. The role enables you to make a difference to the way people are able to use and access parking spaces.
The role is 30 hours per week (Monday – Friday), term time only (36 weeks a year) and will require you to work flexibly on a rota basis.
- With a good standard of education with qualifications in English and Mathematics, you’ll need to be highly motivated with good interpersonal skills and be able to confidently and calmly handle sensitive (and sometimes confrontational) situations in a professional manner, where being firm but polite is a necessity. You will need good communication skills and an ability to work on your own initiative.
- The ability to travel and patrol around the district and outlying villages is essential, and you will need to have access to and use of a vehicle to carry out these patrols (business insurance for your vehicle will be required).
- The role will involve working outside alone in all weathers and walking for long periods, (seven or more hours per day). You will need to be able to work on a rota basis and cover a variety of shifts.
- You will need to be proficient in IT and have a good standard of education including qualifications in English and Mathematics.
- You will have experience of working in a customer service environment, ideally in a similar role, and you must be able to communicate effectively and work under pressure whilst remaining calm and professional.
- Experience of dealing with confrontation and difficult situations, and experience of using a hand held computer would be an advantage, however full training for the role will be given.
For an informal discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01386 565494
Apply now! We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, should a suitable candidate be appointed.