Please note: this is a full time, permanent role and not a fixed term contract as stated above.
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As Construction Project Manager – Corporate, you'll be managing and coordinating Corporate fit-out project delivery for Burberry on a global scale. Using the Burberry gateway management process and systems, you will be representing Burberry on project teams to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and maintaining the design vision.
- Project managing a portfolio of Corporate fit out projects across EMEIA/Globally, ensuring they are within programme, budget and design tolerances
- Developing and establishing briefs of project objectives and maintaining stakeholder communication, highlighting strategic and policy issues for the development team
- Managing stakeholders both internally and externally, developing strong partnerships through effective communication
- Preparing and updating overall construction strategies, programmes, schedules and other documentation to monitor and track objectives
- Supporting the real-estate team in all aspects necessary to secure a strong lease for Burberry , and communicating/negotiating around any issues concerning the landlord during the works
- Managing the contractor tender process and the activities of the development team, general contractor, specialist contractors and suppliers
- Defining and maintaining a project cost plan covering all aspects of the planned spend
- Analysing each works package contract and identifying the key interfaces, critical paths and milestones
- Advising and managing all areas of risk around works
- Carrying out inspections both on and off-site of the works by the general contractor, specialist contractors and suppliers to communicate to the business on progress
- Monitoring and verifying logistics plans
- Advising on the strategy for procurement of all construction packages, organising purchase orders for works required to complete the project and managing the orderly handover of any sites to the business
- Experience in managing construction project delivery across numerous regions, ideally within the luxury commercial space
- Strong commercial acumen with financial and analytical capability, and examples of when you have used this ability in budgeting and managing projects costs effectively
- Proven experience in managing tenders processes, analysing bids and negotiating costs
- Ability to react to changing priorities with an agile mindset, while remaining organised
- Excellent communication skills across stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds
- Experience in managing multiple projects, matrixed teams and a track record of on-time delivery
- Practical knowledge of MS Project and construction schedules
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.