Shift Hours: 37.5 – 0
Estates Department Helpdesk Team Leader.
National Care Group (NCG) is a leading provider of care and support services to adults throughout England and Wales. We work closely with the people we support, their family members, local authorities and commissioners to provide high-quality, person-centred support across the following services: supported living, residential care, outreach & home support, day services and an education college.
Reporting to the Head of Estates and Procurement, the main focus of this role will be to support a team of Helpdesk Business Administrators, supervising escalated queries, prioritising calls and ensuring timely resolutions, whilst continually looking to improve service provision and efficiency, with minimal disruption to the sites and people using our services, the role will be based at our Daventry office.
The Facilities Helpdesk provides reactive, planned and compliance support to our residential sites Monday to Friday, utilising specialist CAFM software (Computer Aided Facilities Management) supported by a network of skilled third-party service partners. The Helpdesk function plays a major part of the department’s overall facilities management and procurement service delivery. The Helpdesk team provides a familiar point of contact for all sites and third-party service providers who raise work requests relating to environmental or compliance issues, so is very customer service focused.
The Helpdesk team makes decisions with the support of the Head of Estates relating to contractor delivery paths and best practice implementation. The Helpdesk Team Leader role is integral in assuring that the department’s service delivery processes are maintained and add value to our commitment to quality and efficiency.
- The Helpdesk provides the main point of contact for our sites and the people using our services when they require support in relation to any reactive, compliance or environmental development need, so the need to deliver consistent professional customer service is very important. The Helpdesk Team Leader will monitor, support and encourage the Helpdesk Team to ensure this.
- Providing daily support to the helpdesk team.
- Reactive & planned works job logging & processing.
- Assisting The Head Of Estates to prepare CAPEX applications.
- Assisting The Head Of Estates to review contractors’ performance, administration (Invoicing) and quality of delivered works.
- Providing reports and works update to area teams.
- Quoted works administration.
- Dealing with approved contractors.
- Resourcing and supporting departmental / group suppliers.
- Preparation of departmental and contractor performance reports. (KPI’s)
- Reviewing of helpdesk administration and processes.
- Any other reasonable request as deemed necessary by the department head.
- Occasional care site visits and visits to other NCG office locations.
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Previous people / team management or supervision experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- I.T skills. Competent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Strong organisational skills with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise day to day activities ensuring that deadlines and objectives are achieved.
- Department head diary management.
- Organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask within a demanding office environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, confident and professional telephone manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to understand and follow instructions & policies.
- Full U.K driving license.
- A team player with a positive outlook and strong work ethic.
- The ability to use own initiative and know when to seek advice.
- Always acts with professional integrity.
- Committed to high standards of quality and seeks to improve / add value to systems and processes.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, effective and professional working relationships.
- Flexibility in working hours when necessary.
- Treat people fairly and respectfully.
Salary and Package:
- £24,605 per Annum
- Flexible Working
- Pension Contribution
- 25 days plus bank holidays