35 Hours per week. Flexible/Hybrid working available on a 9 month fixed term contract.
£26,245 Per Annum
Mon, 4 Dec 2023
We are recruiting for a Reconciliation Analyst, who will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our financial data. You will be responsible for performing detailed analysis and reconciliations of financial records, identifying and resolving discrepancies, and implementing effective controls and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in financial reconciliation, exceptional attention to detail, and a passion for delivering high-quality results.
Who Are We?
Not just another building society. Not just another job.
We're the fourth biggest building society in the UK and what makes us a bit different is that we're a mutual organisation. We don't have shareholders; we're owned by our members.
Our colleagues say Skipton's a great place to work, and you could be one of them, bringing with you newideas on how we can keep customers at the heart of what we do.
Whatever your background, and whatever your goals, we'll help you take the next step towards a better future.
You will be joining a Finance team of 8 Analysts. We work closely with several teams across Finance and Operations; while working to identify and resolve discrepancies and following effective controls and processes.
What’s In It for You?
Skipton values work/life balance and we are proud to support hybrid and flexible working, where possible. We have a newly refurbished head office which offers a vibrant and collaborative working space.
We have a range of other benefits available to you including;
· Annual discretionary bonus scheme
· 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays + rising 1 day per year of service to a maximum of 30 days
· Holiday trading scheme allowing the ability to buy and sell additional annual leave days
· Matching employer pension contribution (up to 10% per annum)
· A commitment to training and development
· Private medical insurance for all our colleagues
· 3 paid volunteering days per annum
· Diverse and inclusive colleague networks available for you to join including our Carers and Pride Alliance groups
· We care about your health and wellbeing – we provide a range of benefits that support this including cycle to work initiative and discounted gym membership
What Will You Be Doing?
– Conducting daily, monthly, and periodic reconciliations of financial records and fully investigate and resolve discrepancies or variances identified found to protect the integrity of our financial records and customer accounts.
– Develop and implement effective reconciliation processes, controls, and procedures to enhance efficiency and mitigate risks.
– Document and maintain accurate records of reconciliation activities, ensuring compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
– Monitor and analyse data trends, identifying areas for process improvement and making recommendations for enhancements.
– Stay updated on industry best practices, emerging trends, and regulatory changes pertaining to reconciliation and financial operations.
What Do We Need From You?
– Relevant accountancy qualifications or studying towards (e.g., AAT, ACCA, CIMA or studying) whilst not a prerequisite, is a plus.
– Proven experience as a Reconciliation Analyst or in a similar role within the financial services industry.
– Solid understanding of financial concepts, accounting principles, and reconciliation methodologies.
– Proficiency in using financial software and tools, with advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
– Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to identify and resolve discrepancies.
– Excellent organisational and time management abilities, with the capacity to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with various teams across the society.
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, taking ownership of assigned tasks.
Salary: £26245 plus benefits
Job Refence: VPB2AFB21C