At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
A full-time role with a focus on supporting the managing and coordination of the Technical Assurance testing for Footwear raw materials and finished product. Provides technical knowledge and expertise regarding testing requirements for all Footwear product categories. Maintains technical assurance testing data ensuring accuracy and availability to the Burberry Business.
- Coordinate and manage testing of Footwear raw materials and finished product with Suppliers & Vendors
- Ensure Footwear testing is completed each Season in line with the product Risk Assessment completed at Development stage.
- Review and analysis of test failures reported weekly for Bulk Footwear raw materials and finished products.
- Communication to Sourcing, Raw Material and Product Engineering teams any test failures which represent a safety or major quality risk.
- Recording test failures and tracking resolution by the Raw Materials / Product Engineering teams, vendors/suppliers or accredited testing laboratories as appropriate.
- Providing the Burberry conditional approval for any appropriate test failures as directed by technical staff.
- Ensuring accuracy and maintenance of data for Burberry conditional approvals applied to raw materials and finished products.
- Active participation in Seasonal review process.
- Providing input when completing periodic reviews of standards.
- Working with Burberry cross functional teams, Vendors and Suppliers to ensure the understanding and implementation of existing and new Technical Assurance testing requirements.
- Effective use of Flex PLM to record and track test failures.
- Maintenance of Footwear Quality Inbox and ensure timely, accurate responses to customer complaints.
- Coordinate testing support for the introduction of new materials
- Excited about working in a fast-paced team within a challenging environment.
- Credible to the business.
- Effective communicator.
- Numerate and strong analytically.
- Genuine passion for the fashion industry.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality.
- Strong science-based background / education.
- Good project management skills.
- Able to multi-task and is team orientated.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.