At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Deliver the best product throughout the engineering process, mitigating any possible problems to deliver the highest quality to the customer.
- Work closely with vendors on product development, industrialization and bulk manufacturing processes.
- Risk assessment for all styles with extra attention on high risk styles
- Communicate with UK Product Engineers (PE) to co-ordinate the handover of seasonal product risk
- Support UK PE during proto stage (if requested) , highlight potential risks and find solutions.
- Approve PP garments for UK PE during busier periods
- Approve sealers and PP Meeting Sample garments at/with vendors
- Review 100% TOP samples across Children`s wear (CHW) and storage arrangement.
- Evaluate vendor capabilities via SWOT methodology (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats)
- Ensure vendors and business partners are accountable and align with the Burberry understanding of luxury. Support and identify opportunities for elevation and improvement where required.
- Liaise with vendors to support and aid training & development for product key attributes.
- Train vendor technical partners on Burberry manuals, guidelines, standards and expectations.
- Monitor vendor technical performance including vendor score card feedback
- Support vendors through Initial on-boarding and technical assessments. Ensuring that they are fully compliant with the Burberry ways of working and company values.
- Monthly store visits to assess Burberry product and generate reports which can be used for future improvement purposes
- Develop strong relationship with cross functional teams and global partners
- Non-compliance management. Resolve NC’s. Analysis of root causes and fixes new standards to avoid in the future. Withdrawal/recall process trough green team
- Develop new vendors technical support. Vendor selection & onboarding. Vendor CAP management.
- Lead and manage team projects aligned to core objectives
- Technical DEGREE in Apparel & Textiles / Relevant Experience
- 5+ years of experience within an apparel or related industry
- Knowledge of 3D and CLO, LECTRA Software usage
- Thorough knowledge of global children product safety requirements
- FLEXPLM experience
- Proven ability of manufacturing and quality processes
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Effective and Influential Communicator
- Proactive, Efficient And Motivated
- Commercial Approach
- Team Player
- Pattern Cutting and Grading
- RM And Product Testing Knowledge
- Fluent speaking in English and Mandarin
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Hong Kong S.A.R || Not Applicable || Hong Kong S.A.R || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || PRODUCT ENGINEERING – RTW || n/a ||