We’re growing our IT Service Desk Team and are looking for an experienced Service Desk Analysts to join our team, reporting directly into the Service Desk Manager. Within this role you will provide efficient and effective technical support to all users across the card factory Group; in response to IT issues and requests raised via multiple channels.
Working in a high call volume environment you will need to have excellent communications skills, be a great team player with the ability to problem solve. Have a good understanding/ proficiency in MS office suite applications, desktop operating systems, and server administration. This role would be suited to someone with prior experience within an IT Service Desk role and/or excellent technical knowledge and looking to develop further
This is an office based role working from our Wakefield office, great links to the MI and free onsite parking.
- Ensure that all Incidents and Service Requests are logged correctly in the IT Service Management Tool.
- Provide support for end-user devices, printers, peripherals, MS Office, and bespoke applications and connectivity issues.
- Work closely with colleagues and other IT support teams (internal and external) to ensure incidents and requests are resolved within agreed SLA’s
- Assign or escalate issues to the appropriate team/third party for assistance when required
- Provide updates to end-users on the progress of their request/incident
- Proactively identify, investigate and monitor incident trends, working with Service Management and other IT Teams to help prevent the recurrence of repeat issues.
- Undertake user administration and access management tasks
- Liaise with third party support partners to ensure timely response to incidents and requests
- Take ownership of incidents and requests from receipt through to resolution, ensuring detailed information is recorded on actions taken to resolve.
- Proactively identify service improvement initiatives.
- Provide input into and complete knowledgebase articles.
- To follow the Incident Management and Request Fulfilment Process
- Perform daily and weekly checks, review monitoring alerts and identify corrective action or pass to correct resolver group
- Experience of administering Adobe and Antivirus software
- Experience of Exchange / Active directory (i.e. Account creations, password resets, creation of groups, etc.)
- Understanding of network concepts e.g. DNS, DHCP, SFPP, and TCP/IP protocols
- Basic networking skills e.g. LAN/WAN/VPN support
- Motivated individual with a positive ‘can-do attitude.
- Works well under pressure and can multi-task
- Ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving licence as travel to our print card site based in Shipley will be required from time to time
Your core working hours will be Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am 6pm. Ability to work outside of these core hours (rota based) when required to support the team in resolving major incidents or during peak trading periods is a must.
Salary Details: Competitive salary and benefits package
Location: Century House Brunel Road Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate
Job Reference: cardfac/TP/1164024/17406