Salary: £10.50 per hour
Shift hours: Part Time
Are you an experienced Sewing Assistant? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Linen Assistant to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated linen team, who deliver outstanding services for patients and visitors.
As a linen assistant, you will be responsible for providing assistance in the linen services supply and distribution within our Hospital. This will involve, repairing, labelling and altering items of hospital linen and uniforms.
- To ensure linen meets the standards laid down by the Trust.
- To sort linen and pack trolleys to the agreed standards.
- To ensure delivery levels are maintained to service level agreements.
- Control and carry out curtain changing programme.
- Liaise with ward staff on a regular basis and following clear guidelines as requested.
- Record all information as required to ensure adherence to standards.
- Use and handle machinery in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines
- It is essential that applicants have sewing & Measuring experience, with experience using a ‘Lock Stitch’ sewing machine & to ‘overlock’ also.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.