At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
This position will drive all planning and forecasting, and analysis activities for their respective categories within Burberry’s global planning organisation. They will embody the Burberry values and contribute to a culture of innovation and collaboration.
They will be responsible for:
- Driving Global Open to Buy for their respective categories across both in-season trading and Pre Season Buy;
- Supporting the delivery of Central Collection Open to Buy guidance and validation of Regional submissions of Collection Open to Buy in line with guidance;
- Collaborating with Central Merchants on Collection Development to ensure assortments meet both financial and creative objectives;
- Delivering insightful commercial analysis in order to drive the business’ sales, sell through and margin.
Global Open to Buy Process
· Responsible for providing input to the Global Open to Buy process for the division across all relevant category product lines, actualising against regional plans
· Alongside Director of Planning, responsible for conducting monthly evaluation of trading with Regional teams to assess in-season management decisions and potential inventory rebalances across regions
· Responsible for preparing insightful commercial analysis to highlight missed opportunities and hindsight for future collection guidance / development
· Alongside Director of Planning and Replenishment Planner, responsible for reviewing regional replenishment sales forecasts and stock weeks of cover based on current trading and overlay adjustments if necessary
· Responsible for coordinating regular free stock drops to optimize both carry forward and replenishment inventory
Collection Open to Buy Guidance & Collection Development
· Responsible for delivering central Collection Open to Buy guidance, supporting Open to Buy development in region aligned to product category strategies and opportunities
· Responsible for identifying and quantifying product category financial risks/opportunities based on collection development with Merchandising
· Responsible for driving all raw material forecasting and commitment to support on-time delivery.
· Responsible for monitoring raw materials excess, and assessing cut to clear, ensuring timely management and link to outlet.
· Responsible for assessing product threshold for re-order (carry forward) and replenishment status and assessing re-order quantities from regions
· Responsible for providing unit forecast projections to Director of Planning
· Alongside Director of Planning, responsible for preparing specific vendor projections where relevant on a quarterly basis (3 yrs out) to support long term forecasting
· Responsible for conducting division and associated categories margin analyses to support an appropriate initial margin for sourcing, regional planning teams and central finance
· Responsible for embedding margin within Global Open to Buy and carrying out scenario analyses where relevant
- Demonstrated experience in a global planning role in a commercial and luxury environment
- Demonstrated experience across global Open to Buy process, collection Open to Buy guidance & collection development and margin planning
- Customer-oriented approach to problem solving
- Well developed communication skills, with the ability to build positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
- Experience with SAP would be advantageous
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT PLANNING || NO DEPARTMENT – FPT9036 || n/a ||