At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Reporting to the Prototyping Coordinator, the Prototypist mainly deals with the assembly of luxury bags following the tasks given by the Line Manager (Prototyping Coordinator) within project deadlines. The person will be responsible for the technical assembling of luxury bag parts and related metal hardware or accessories in line with the characteristics dictated by the pattern, as well as ensuring functional and aesthetic goals. The person will work closely with the CAD department, cutting department, preparation department, stitching department and product development department.
- Reading a pattern and identifying the different parts that make it up
- Assembling bag parts
- Mounting accessories on luxury bags
- Suggest possible technical and quality improvements
- Constant alignment with other technical figures (pattern makers, product engineering and development teams, etc.)
- Using specific tools to do the job (like tweezers, clobber’s knife, etc.)
- Identifying technical problems during assembling phase.
- Collaborate with CAD and Industrialization teams using a continuous improvement approach.
- Proven experience in prototyping
- Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques and process (leather goods) and luxury bags creation processes
- Basic knowledge of metal hardware and most commonly used materials
- Problem-solving and team work qualities
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Acting as a team player
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Timeliness and Flexibility are essential
- Able to organise his own planning based on daily situation
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || NO DEPARTMENT – FSCT9011 || n/a ||