Are you an experienced Civil Engineer looking to take the next step in your career, as part of a thriving, multi-disciplinary consultancy?
Do you want to work as part of a collaborative, dynamic team of like-minded, talented professionals?
Are you committed and passionate about Civil Engineering?
Maybe you’re already in a Senior position, looking to expand your experience within a variety of exciting projects?
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Senior Engineer to work across an array of projects within our experienced team in Leicester.
Working as an integral part of the team, you will play a key part in delivering major Highways/Public Realm and/or Infrastructure/Drainage projects (including Residential, Education, MOJ, Commercial, Leisure).
Your key responsibilities within this role:
- Production of technical designs, specifications and reports for Highways/Public Realm and/or Infrastructure/Drainage projects to suit your experience
- Delivery of a large variety of projects in terms of size, type, and complexity, both single discipline and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Manage your design sub-team – project programming and planning, resources, monitoring team utilisation.
- Enthusiastic in taking on new challenges, by applying engineering principles and a practical and pragmatic approach to new and exciting projects
- Mentoring and training other team members
- Active involvement with bidding and fee preparation
- Represent the firm at client meetings
- Keeps abreast of new developments and cascades information
- Responsible for ensuring that they and their team be aware of and comply with all Health & Safety requirements, practices, and procedures.
Working collaboratively with other disciplines, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of schemes, delivering technically challenging projects.
Our Civil Engineering discipline boast a supportive and collaborative environment, and the successful engineer can expect hands-on guidance and prosperous career development.
Interested to find out more? Contact the team today, we’d love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have significant, proven experience, and be passionate about civil engineering.
You will be able to lead a sub-team and you will be positive, focussed on delivery of high quality design output.
- Team player with a confident, can-do, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience managing Highways and/or Infrastructure schemes, as well as bespoke projects that will require practical application of your experience to date
- Confident liaising with new and existing clients and
- An ability to build a good rapport with other parts of our inter-disciplinary practice, and with external design teams
- A degree or equivalent in civil engineering or a related subject, working towards a professional qualification
- Robust problem solving skills, taking accountability for assigned work
- Good knowledge of industry design software packages relevant to your experience
- Previous experience writing and presenting reports along with client interaction and work winning
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a variety of different forms of contract beneficial
If you feel this is the role for you, apply today!
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.