At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
You will manage the seasonal placement and follow-through of finished goods for a particular category(ies), in a manner congruent with the supply chain objectives: delivering quality product, on time and at the right price.
• Advise vendors of seasonal buying/production calendar, unit plans & negotiate minimums as applicable, working with Managers for guidance on setting objectives for the season and negotiating any challenges
• Manage communication with manufacturers on raw material call-offs & receipts, ensuring production needs are met in accordance with calendar and delivery schedule
• Manage seasonal product pass-off to local sourcing office, as needed
• Update PLM with vendor costs
• Liaise with product development for updated BOM information as needed
• Liaise with Customer Operations for timely receipt of orders and advise Customer Service when orders are retimed
• Study pre-buy vs. actual & work with raw materials team to identify shortfalls across division
• Prepare updates for weekly production meetings
• Partner with manager to finalize prices & margin, providing seasonal price analyses across vendors and product categories
• Participate in vendor performance analysis each season
• Partner with product dev. and technical team each season on fit approval dates required by production calendar & ensure compliance
• Partner with quality assurance to resolve quality issues as needed
• Manage buying/delivery deadlines, ensuring adherence to Time & Action calendar
• Partner with manager on seasonal counter-sourcing needs such as vendors, pricing, raw materials etc
- Proven experience in previous production/manufacturing
- SAP/PLM is desirable
- Strong costing & negotiation skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications
- Ability to develop strong relationships with peers and cross-functional business partners
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through
- Willingness to travel if required
- Organized, efficient, self-motivated, solution- oriented individual
- Ability to react to change
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || PRODUCT SUPPLY – LEATHER GOODS OPERATIONS || n/a ||