Salary: £37000 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
On-going training & development
Medicash – Healthcare benefits, including dental, optical and therapy treatments. (Includes up to four dependent children)
Exclusive Benefits & Wellbeing site (Perks at Work)
Entertainment discounts – Up to 55% off cinema tickets
Health & wellbeing discounts – Discounts for Nuffield Health (20%) and Pure Gym (10%)
Travel discounts – Discounts for holiday companies such as TUI and Expedia
Shopping discounts – Save up to 15% at high street and online stores by purchasing Shopping Cards. Many of the Shopping Cards can be reloaded, and some can be used online to double your savings with existing online offers
- Meals on duty
- Travel Loan (after 3 months service)
- Vodaphone discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 3 days additional leave, following return from Maternity
- Day off for Babies first birthday
To work alongside the Head Chef and lead the kitchen brigade in delivering a world class food provision for all match days and Conference & Events held at Edgbaston Stadium.
A keen innovator, you will be able to create stunning dishes using the best locally sourced and sustainable ingredients. You will be a team player who thrives on working in a busy, fast paced, environment whilst maintaining controls over costs, payroll, and waste. A strong focus on attention to detail and control of stocks and kitchen administration will be key.
Key Focus Areas
- Leads effective and collaborative communication with all key internal and external stakeholders and must have an interest in the latest food trends
- Ensure we never compromise on quality and flavour through exceptional professional standards
- Assist in the development of new and creative dishes for Hospitality, C&E and Retail menu’s by using the freshest, locally sourced and seasonal ingredients
- Drive sales, manage volumes and compliance through preferred suppliers and local sourcing where applicable
- Legislative and company HSE procedures and standards compliance
- Assist the culinary department to manage and control labour costs and to ensure they meet or exceeds company budgets
- Comply with reasonable requests made by supervisors and managers on behalf of the customer needs
- Take responsibility of the kitchen and team in the absence of the Senior Sous Chef
- Responsibility for the stock control
- Be aware of current trends in the catering industry
- Where appropriate make recommendations to improve products and services
- Keep up to date with company knowledge attending any courses where possible
- Follow instructions to maximise product yield and minimise waste
- Take responsibility for accepting deliveries to ensure quality and price meet company specifications, whilst managing the day-to-day stores
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Professional subscriptions
ho we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world’s leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients’ premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector ofÊCompass Group UK and Ireland.ÊIt is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK and Ireland’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues. Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue.
Job Reference: com/2301/68679001/52543054/SU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.