Are you an outstanding Specialty or Associate Specialist Doctor looking for your next challenge in psychiatry – and a competitive salary?
With us, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your career to Consultant level through our prestigious CESR programme.
We have an opportunity for a part-time (2 days per week) Specialty Doctor to shape services at Cygnet Hospital Harrow – while being fully supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist, two other Staff Grade Doctors and first-class multidisciplinary team.
This role is based on Byron Ward, our 20 bed mixed gender 20 bedded ward which works with the NHS to provide acute mental health inpatient services.
Cygnet Hospital Harrow has a “Good” overall CQC rating and fantastic travel links to Central London. We also host a yearly Staff Award ceremony, which is a black tie event held at Harrow School.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts – as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits – to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
Your role responsibilities…
- Provide high quality treatment under the direction of a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Participate in weekly ward rounds & attend multidisciplinary meetings
- Attend Care Programme Approach & Section 117 meetings & mental health review tribunals
- Provide up-to-date clinical information at all meetings
- Ensure that medical decisions are implemented as planned
- Audit medical services & ensure compliance with GMC & other professional guidelines
- Uphold policies & procedures and contribute to service governance & development
- Participate in the on call rota
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary up to £78,038 p/a FTE / £31,215 p/a based on 2 days p/w
- Generous exam & study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etcThe opportunity to progress to Consultant level through ourCESR programme
- Annual leave entitlement (30 days plus Bank holidays), paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Possible rotation between services to support your career development plan.
- The opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate in clinical governance, audits, research, and other quality improvement initiatives.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the service as it responds to the changing healthcare landscape.
- Monthly CPD grand rounds where youll attend educational meetings & have the opportunity to meet psychiatrists from across the region
- Financial support for further training & personal development
- Appraisal & peer supervision
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
We are looking for someone who is…
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Experienced within a mental health setting
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement & ability to manage risk
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Preferably approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent
Our CESR programme
This programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level – and you’ll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties.
You’ll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development – and you’ll receive support with MRCPsych exams.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
We maintain a good relationship with our quality regulators and undergo regular inspections, with 85% of our services rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’. We also operate an internal system of quality care, treatment and positive outcomes.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the link to apply or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: CYG28290