Speech and Language Therapist (full time) / Specialist Speech and Language Therapist (part time)
- Permanent, up to 40 hours per week
- Salary up to £ 26,453 (depending on experience)
Are you interested in working in adult mental health? Do you want to be a part of a team? We have a fantastic opportunity for a band 5 or emerging band 6 SLT to manage a caseload under supervision. This is a highly sought after post due to working with individuals with mental health needs so we advise early application to avoid disappointment.
Here’s a bit more about the locations…
Gledholt Services, 32 and 34 Greenhead Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 4EZ
Gledholt, a nine bedded enhanced community residential home providing outcome focused care for adults with learning disability accompanied with behaviour that may challenge including mental illness, co-morbid substance misuse or a forensic background
Gledholt Mews and Coach House, our new service for adults with mental health needs or a personality disorder who have been able to progress through the hospital pathway and are looking at the next stage in their rehabilitation journey. These individuals may have autism or a mild learning disability.
What does the job involve?
As a Speech and Language Therapist, you will have the opportunity to deliver an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group within a community rehabilitation and residential setting. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will use your skills and knowledge to assess, advise and intervene with the aim of promoting functional communication systems and optimal independence. You will be able to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful total communication environment. You will be accountable to the Director of Speech and Language Therapy and the onsite service manager. You will participate in visual discharge planning and adopt a humanistic approach.
What do you want from me?
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Working experience or university placements undertaken in mental health and/or inpatient services
- Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning
- Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexibly whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Innovative, enthusiastic, motivated and passionate with high regard for professional boundaries
What will I get?
In return for your commitment and dedication, we offer:
- A fixed caseload that does not increase in size
- Full support from an onsite multidisciplinary team
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities for clinical and non-clinical duties
- Routine SLT service meetings with over 50 SLTs and Service line specific meetings chaired by Clinical Lead SLTs
- CPD and Developmental opportunities to ensure you always have the latest knowledge to provide high quality care
- Access to a range of clinical resources including access to an Amazon account
- Meal provision on duty
- Company pension scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre including NHS discounts
- COVID-19 compliant environments
How will I be supported into the post?
- You will have full induction training and a ‘SLT buddy’ to allow for further integration into Cygnet SLT.
- You will learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession through our on-going mentoring and support.
- You will receive quarterly operational supervision from your line manager who is a registered manager within the services.
- You will receive monthly clinical supervision from a Highly Specialist SLT and NQP competency support every two weeks.
- You will have a 6 month probation period purely tailored to your needs within the environments.
Other information of interest…
If you would like to see our team work in action, please visit our Twitter page (@CygnetSLT) or our facebook page (CygnetSpeechandLanguageTherapy – SLT)
Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Please note this position may close early if sufficient applications are received.
Are you ready for your dream job and a great start for your career, don’t miss out…apply now.
Job Reference: CYG27812