- You will have overall responsibility for the running of the store, focusing on customer experience, colleague development, and delivering commercial growth in line with our 5-year strategy.
- Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do you will develop a team of colleagues who live and breathe our customer promise and actively seek ways to delight our customers.
- You will coach, train and develop colleagues within your store harnessing their strengths and building on development areas.
- Be proactive in recruiting a team of Assistant Managers, Team Leaders, and Sales Assistants that reflect our values, behaviours with the required skill set to meet our business needs.
- Make commercial decisions around stock availability and merchandising.
- Actively seek contact with key stakeholders to gain a wider understanding of the business
- Providing constructive and beneficial feedback to the store team, District and Regional Managers around store performance and business opportunities to encourage continual growth.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be as passionate about celebrating our customers’ life moments as we are
- Have previous experience as a store manager within a retail environment working collaboratively with wider stakeholders across the business
- Have experience in leading and developing a team of colleagues
- Be prepared to work towards KPIs in a fast-paced environment
About the Company
Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a true Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our colleagues across the business creating multiple opportunities to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing.
- 15% Card Factory colleague discount in-store and online
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Financial Education Tools
- Salary Advance
- Seasonal incentive schemes
- Retail Management Apprenticeship Programmes with local providers with access to a virtual internal network for learning together
- Discounted gym membership, mobile phone contracts, and car leasing
- Discounts across 100’s of UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to tools to support mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption leave
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies, please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory
Salary Details: £27,500 per annum
Location: 86 Main Street Wishaw
Job Reference: cardfac/TP/829950/20083