Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
We are currently recruiting full time Support workers for Cygnet Hospital Godden Green which is a private female mental health hospital offering a range of secure mental health services for women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
The ethos of our service is about assessing and treating service users in the least restrictive environment and planning for discharge in a robust and timely fashion. With a focus on stabilisation, we support service users to manage their mental health, reinforce daily living skills and prepare for independent life back in the community.
You will receive full training and Induction into the role and be required to work a on a rota basis following the below shift patterns;
Week 1 – Mon, Tues, Sat & Sun,
Week 2 – Wed, Thurs & Fri
1 month on day shifts (7:30am – 8pm) and 1 month of night shifts (7:30pm – 8am)
We also operate a free shuttlebus service to pick up/drop off staff who dont drive from the local train stations.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while being part of an organisation that cares about helping people.
- Work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to support implementation of the treatments and therapy as per the service users’ care plans.
- Compliment and provide support to the qualified nurses.
- Undertake safe observations of patients sometimes on a 1:1 basis or with other staff.
- Meet the physical and emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
- Play an active role in maintaining physical and mental wellbeing by providing and supporting individual or group work.
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in.
- Work within Safeguarding guidelines
- Undertake training in de-escalation and PMVA techniques to support patients with potentially violent or aggressive behaviours towards themselves or others.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- Resilience, caring and empathic
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Flexibility regarding shift patterns and ward changes according to the needs of the hospital
In return we’ll offer you:
- Paid training and Induction
- Free Shuttlebus service from Sevenoaks train station for those commuting using public transport
- Regular coaching and support
- DBS paid
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If interested please click apply or email your CV to AbdulHafiz@cygnethealth.co.uk
Job Reference: CYG29116