Salary: £30,000 – £41,333 per annum
Shift hours: 25
Required for: Easter 2024
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of English Teacher, to join our experienced, successful, enthusiastic and passionate English team. This year, the English Department achieved a Progress score of 0.86 which we are extremely proud of. The successful candidate will join the school at an exciting time as we prepare for the development of a brand new school opening in January 2026.
The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong and longstanding relationships with the local community and beyond. We are a Beacon Peace School and in our recent Section 48 inspection (March 2022) the school was recognised as outstanding. Inspection report comments include:
“Pupils know whom to go to if there is a problem, and they value the strong community spirit. They speak of solid relationships with their tutors and the extended community to which they belong, contributing to excellent behaviour.”
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the ability to teach English across all ages and ability ranges.
• Have excellent subject knowledge and be able to deliver an engaging curriculum.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and passion for their subject.
• Have fantastic classroom management and organisation.
• Willing to work as part of a very successful, supportive and friendly team.
• Promote the Catholic ethos of the school.
Cardinal Newman School can offer:
• A well-motivated body of students.
• A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff.
• CPD programmes to support and develop teachers in their career progression.
• A vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities, which broaden the experience of our students.
• A caring ethos with strong international links and a commitment to actively supporting global charity and fundraising projects.
Completed application forms should be send to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA
Closing date for applications: Monday 11 December 2023 at 9am
Sandpits Lane, Coventry, CV6 2FR Tel: 024 76332382
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.