At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Build and organize the Time & Methods function within the Costing department, providing guidance on product costs through measurement and evaluation of process, labour time and consumption.
- Set up Time & Methods assessment through methodologies, process and reporting.
- Measure the production time of leather goods and compare to the standard time defined during sampling/industrialisation.
- Analyse the time variances between actual vs standard time defined at sampling stage.
- Create the product families/clusters by construction type and production phases.
- Create the labour time database by measuring the production time for each phases at cutting, preparation, assembly, finishing and packing.
- Provide and receive guidance to optimise production process and product construction by maintaining a continuous alignment with Product development, Modelleria and Industrialisation teams.
- Definition of the assembly time sheets starting from the early stages of product development (proto stage), review at sampling and industrialisation stage, validation of final time at production stage, both internally and at sub-contractors.
- Production validation at sub-contractors manufacturing sites to ensure the alignment among calculated and actual labour process and timings.
- Review the internal process of monitoring the consumption performance in production.
- Analyse the cuttable materials consumption variances between actual vs standard defined at sampling stage.
- Create a consumption database per material type and product categories.
- Identify current criticalities and propose cost saving opportunities related to their resolution.
- Promote the culture of manufacturing continuous improvement at all levels of the organization.
- Degree level in Management Engineering or similar.
- Experience in Time & Method or manufacturing background
- Experience in a leather goods or related industry is a plus
- Good knowledge of leather goods manufacturing process is a plus
- Proficiency in Italian is needed.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles.
- Advanced use of Excel; other analyses tools
- Experience on hard accessories would be an advantage.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || LEATHER GOODS COE || n/a ||