We are looking for an Assistant Shift Manager to join our team who has a real can-do attitude, is passionate about delivering excellent customer service and willing to go the extra mile for our customers.
- Do you have the ability to engage and motive a team to work to the best of their ability?
- Can you build good team relationships and identify individual training needs?
- Do you possess first class organisation and people management skills?
- Are you well organised, self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision?
- Do have excellent knowledge using Microsoft word and excel?
- Are you dedicated and flexible with your working hours to meet the demands of this challenging role?
- Do you have experience managing a team within a fast-paced transport department, ensuring legal compliance is adhered to at all times?
If you have answered yes to all the above and want to be part of the BEST team, then we may have the perfect role for you.
We are looking for a high calibre applicant to support the Shift Managers to lead, develop and motivate our team of multi-drop drivers. Working within this dynamic department you will ensure that our large, fast moving transport operation runs smoothly and efficiently, by achieving optimum service levels across all contracts whilst working to specific KPI’s.
- You will manage the demands of the busy shift, dealing with problems that may arise in a professional, effective, and timely manner.
- Communicate effectively at all levels to ensure relevant information is shared and process is completed effectively.
- Ensure all aspects of legislation relating to commercial vehicles (including tachograph and driver’s hour’s regulations) and managed effectively.
- Support the attendance management process in line with policy
- Ensure that all routes are covered and leave the depot at the agreed departure time.
- Assist in the management of staffing levels and monitoring standards which support the achievement of our objectives.
- Ensure legal compliance if adhered to at all times.
Hours of work:
20.00pm – 08.00am, 4 on 4 off shift, 48 hours per week.
Shift Hours: 48 Hours hrs per week (48 hours per week on a rolling 4 on, 4 off shift pattern, which will include some weekend work and public holidays on a rota basis.)