As part of our ambitious 2025 Business Plan, Pick Everard are looking to appoint an ambitious Project Manager for our Nottingham office.
We are looking for exceptional and talented people, so if you are looking to make your mark and build upon your own experience with a national consultancy who can fast-track your career development, then we want to hear from you.
In this role, you will become an essential part of our Project Management team, to take part in delivering projects and client facing where required.
Experience in construction delivery is essential and preconstruction delivery is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will be someone looking to progress within the business within 12 months of joining us and someone who is driven to help the team achieve and grow.
You can expect to become involved in a range of exciting and challenging schemes in the Midlands, across both the private and public sectors, with clients including schools, residential developers, hospitals, retail outlets and leisure centres. Initial projects will include a large industrial scheme, high profile town centre regeneration and a large public sector scheme.
Do you have experience as a Project Manager working across sectors within a consultancy?
Do you want to build on your experience and expand your project range?
Are you looking to work as part of a collaborative team, where you can produce a real impact?
If you answered yes to the above questions, apply today!
This role provides a challenging and exciting opportunity to develop within growing dynamic team, supported by expertise across our multi-disciplinary consultancy.
- Agree and develop the client’s brief from inception in conjunction with any other consultants appointed
- Co-ordinate, manage and communicate with the client, project stakeholders and other consultants appointed to meet requirements of the project, preparation of programmes and undertaking programme management
- Undertake change management, co-ordinate the design process, oversee and manage the control of the project both pre- and post-contract including financial expenditure throughout all RIBA stages.
- Co-ordinate and manage the development of the procurement strategy and procurement activities
- Undertake and participate in risk-, value- and opportunities management, including facilitating workshops in order to ensure that these activities are controlled within the project team including contractors, sub-contractors, and the supply chain
- Communicate and chair meetings with the client, their stakeholders, and contractors as necessary
- Prepare and issue reports, including but not limited to preparation of Project Execution Plans (PEP), Strategy Reports, Risk Registers, Progress Reports etc.
- Develop new business opportunities including leading and participating in the preparation and presentation of bids
This role will suit an Assistant Project Manager or Graduate Project Manager looking to take their next step within a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
- Experience in a similar role in the construction environment
- HNC, HND or a construction related degree with relevant experience
- Member of a construction related professional body, such as RICS, CIOB, CIBSE, etc. – desirable
- A comprehensive knowledge of building technology and construction principles
- Have a good understanding of forms of building contract and experience of contract administration
- Ability to control day to day programming and planning
- Ability to monitor progress and expenditure of projects
- Have a clear understanding of risk management including identification, management, mitigation and risk transfer
- A good understanding of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Bid writing and presentation skills
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.