In a Nutshell…
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Service Manager to join our team within Vistry Merseyside and Cheshire West, covering development across the region. As our Customer Service Manager, you will be responsible for providing pre handover quality inspections on our open market sales plots, to ensure quality of delivery and consistency of details and standards. You will support the sales teams and site teams in managing customer satisfaction after new home move in, record and manage the progress of customer snagging from home demo and handover to 14-day review. You will assist the business in maintaining high customer satisfaction scores at 8 weeks and 9 months (NHBC) and provide an exceptional customer service to all Linden and Bovis Homes customers.
Let’s cut to the chase, what’s in it for you…
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes
- Employee rewards portal with many more benefits…
In return, what we would like from you…
- Behave in line with our company values – Integrity, Caring and Quality
- Excellent customer focus with construction / housebuilding based customer service background preferred
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident phone manner
- Organised and self motivated
- Able to work with multiple teams with established processes and procedures
- Able to engage with our supply chain to manage customer snagging
- The ability to manage difficult customers over the phone or face to face and understand and explain building related issues
- Accurate and consistent approach
- Practical knowledge of NHBC, LABC & Premier Guarantee guidelines useful but not essential
- Positive attitude towards teamwork
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
- Ability to plan ahead – short and medium term
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
- Awareness of contract terms, conditions and specifications
- Remote supervision of Customer Service Technicians
More about the Customer Service Manager role…
- Carry out pre handover inspections of plots before legal completion, as a prospective purchaser
- Liaise with site teams to identify the progress of plots and the right time to inspect
- Prepare and issue detailed inspection reports with photos in a timely manner
- Record all customer snagging into an agreed format, currently Excel
- Work with the various site teams to progress customer snagging and record progress
- Issue weekly progress reports for each development
- Support the site teams to progress customer issues
- Meet with customers to discuss their snagging and provide regular updates
- Agree solutions to meet the expectations of all parties – problem solving
- Identify trends and common issues and feed these back as continuous improvement
- Positive communication with customers by email and phone
- Liaise with the Customer Service team to hand over customers and plots
- Engage with customers regularly to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Monitor with the sales team the progress of formal customer satisfaction surveys – 8 weeks and 9 months
- Maintaining our 5 star build status at 8 weeks
- Enhancing our 9 months status from 4 star to 5 star, working with other departments
- Liaison with other departments, such as technical and commercial
- Involvement in the handover of common spaces to management companies
- Ensure that our customer service system is utilised fully and by using the data and reports available, provide feedback internally and with our contractors.
- To be conversant with/have knowledge of, our Standards of Finishes, NHBC Standards and Building Regulations.
- Diary management to ensure customer visits are booked in a timely manner.
- Overseeing our operative schedule, ensuring appointments are appropriately booked for time and distance
- Overseeing our Housing Association relationships and assisting with End of Defect inspections.
- Ensure compliant with all Health & Safety requirements.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external parties.
- To attend internal meetings where appropriate such as Project Meetings and Sales Build meetings, to discuss customer issues and identify potential build concerns that could impact our customers.
- Manage budget and cost control in line with defined budget parameters.
- Monitor completion of any defects/issues reported within the two year warranty period in line with the company guidelines.
- Provide training/assistance to Customer Service personnel, ensuring that all appropriate soft skill, IT, Technical, Health & Safety training has been provided.
- Supervise works in progress to ensure that they are completed to a satisfactory standard and in accordance with the agreed programme.
Finally, let’s tell you a bit more about us…
At Vistry Group, we build more than homes. We develop sustainable communities across all sectors of the UK housing market through our leading housing brands Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Countryside Homes. Delivered through Vistry Housebuilding, Countryside Partnerships and Vistry Works with the support of Vistry Services, our values of integrity, caring, and quality continue to shape all we do.
We’re proud that our UK Green Building Council membership, 2021 Large Housebuilder of the Year award and status as a UK top-five housebuilder with a five-star House Builders Federation (HBF) customer satisfaction rating allows us to transform land into thriving spaces. We’re also proud that our culture sees everyone treated fairly and respectfully, with diversity and inclusion a top priority and reasonable adjustments provided during the application process. From memories and communities to worthwhile careers, we’re making Vistry.
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location Detail: 301 Bridgewater Place,Birchwood Pak, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6XG